As the Owner, Architect and Landscape Designer at Dalla Terra, I have 25 years of experience in master planning, design and project management of landscape design, special needs housing, and other community-oriented projects. For the first fifteen years, I thoroughly enjoyed my career in an architectural firm exploring issues of housing for people with Alzheimer’s, mental illnesses and life-threatening diseases as well as designing for children, the elderly and people with very low incomes. And then, I realized that as much as I love working closely with my clients to understand what’s important about their home environment, I also really love designing with plants!
So, in 2009 I started my own company where I could weave my breadth of architectural experience with my passion for landscape and the natural world. Since then I have worked with numerous clients to improve their yard, making them prettier, easier to maintain and more fun to hang out in. And now, I would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to improve your own little corner of the world.
There are five key principles that guide how Dalla Terra conducts business. They’re the reasons I take joy in my work, and are embodied in everything I do. Specifically, Dalla Terra seeks to:
- Celebrate — Design places where people gather in meaningful work and joyful play.
- Integrate — Develop balanced systems that enhance our interrelated environments.
- Nourish — Invigorate the senses, provide comfort and security, encourage growth and feed body and mind alike.
- Heal — Repair and restore buildings, neighborhoods and natural environments.
- Inspire — Enhance the beauty that surrounds us and to experience the magic of it all.